Monday 9 May 2011

Lontong @ Shida Cafe

This delicacy dish almost been forgotten, use to be my favourite food during breakfast.  It used rice cake or compressed rice that much or less same as ketupat but this one used banana leave and wrapped into cylindrical form. Then it accompanied with cooked vegetables in coconut milk soup called “Sayur Lodeh”. 

Normally when I want to sample this dish I would go to Shida Café. The owner used to sell at home in Taman Rinting then the business grew and she opened a restaurant just nearby Maybank at Bandar Seri Alam.

Lontong


This lontong really have a nice bite of rice cake, not too soft or hard and the yellowish soup tasted all the freshness of vegetables in coconut milk. Shida’s lontong sure make me recalled my childhood days. My family especially my late grandmother used to cook this dish occasionally, but now no more.  Luckily I still can sample this dish here. Shida’s lontong soup not that viscous and you can enhance spicier flavor by adding sambal tumis telur. 

Beside breakfast, I also went to Shida Café for Nasi Campur during lunch. All the dishes taste great. Good cooker produces good tasty food.

Ayam Masak Lemak, Sayur Kacang, Sambal Lokan, Sambal Belacan


Shida Cafe
Shida Café, 
Jalan Suria 7,
Bandar Seri Alam,
Masai, Jb

No comments:

Post a Comment